Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Tall Drink of Milk


Hope had her 4-month ped appt yesterday, so here are some fresh stats if you're following:

Height: 26"
Weight: 15# 14oz
Head Circ: 42.8cm

All of the above is in the 90%+ percentile for babies of her age. Which is a little incredible to me, as she is certainly not inheriting the height from my side of the family. Head circumference, maybe - - Papa and I both have a checkered history with hats, none of which ever seem to fit or look good. The weight is in proportion, although Dr. Bob (Pfefferneuse, ahem, Heffernan) referred to it only to say that Hope has "muscle tone far exceeding expectations at this age." I guess the Michelin Man must be exceedingly toned as well! :)

In related news, due to my apparent lack of muscle tone, or maybe just the strain on my muscles from lifting Hope's muscles constantly, I've developed something like tendonitis in my right wrist. I went to my GP this morning for an annual and to discuss. As expected, the prescription is to immobilize and rest the wrist as much as is practical given the circumstances, and to enjoy a healthy dose of Ibuprofen at each meal. Very common for new moms, she said, and if it doesn't get better into the summer we might inject it with some steroids to knock out the inflammation. I have a similar issue with planar fasciitis, which the ibuprofen should help as well. Lovely!

Today's photo shoot: The Splat Series. Enjoy!

No comments: