A Great Day, by Hope Stanley
A great day starts off with me brushing my teeth. I always make sure to also get in the corners of my eyes, because I often have crusties from a good night's sleep.
Then, after a little food and a fresh pair of pants, Mommy takes me downstairs, where I jingle until I get tired for my first nap.
Sometimes, I help Mommy know I am getting tired by crying a little. I don't always need to do this, but sometimes she is in another room, so I have to do something extra to get her attention. I also like crying because it helps release all my bottled-up emotions, so I won't need therapy when I'm older.
Next, it's time to get ready for my nap. Mommy decides on the way upstairs whether a clean diaper is a good idea, and we'll take care of that first. Sometimes, I am still crying when we starts my diaper change, but I get over it quickly in my fresh FuzziBunz.
On a GREAT day, Daddy is around to help. Today, he had a dentist's appointment, so he was home at naptime to install his special super-snug swaddle, and give me a kiss.
Once I'm swaddled, Mommy helps me ease into naptime by giving me some more food. I like to fall asleep in her arms, all comfy and cozy. When I'm fast asleep and she's done gazing at me lovingly, she puts me in my crib, and I'll sleep for as long as I like - - usually an hour, but sometimes more. I can tell when Mommy needs a little more time in the morning, so I don't mind an extra long snooze if that helps her eat a good breakfast, or take a nice hot shower.
After morning nap, Mommy and I go for an adventure. Today, I'm heading to my friend Jackson's house. Mommy gets me into my going out outfit, and then we drive away in the car. I like my car seat, because it keeps me safe but I still get a good view of the world outside.
When we get to Jackson's, I'm usually in a good mood - - but today I am a little cranky. He helps cheer me up, though, and lets me borrow his jumperoo, which I enjoy very much. At Jackson's, I also get to see Jo, who bundles me up and holds me for a while. At the end of the visit, Mommy and Christine take us to the toy store, and also to the park to get ice cream - - but I am sleepy, so I miss most of it.
Back at home, I take another quick nap. When I wake up, I get to play with my new toys. I also practice rolling over, which I am now able to do all by myself. Chris and Sarah are coming over for dinner and to watch Battlestar Galactica. I stay up to say hello and play with them a bit, but then it's time for sleep. We don't have any pictures of that, but it usually goes pretty quick, since I am tired from a busy day.
And that's about it! I hope you enjoyed hearing about my great day.
Love, Hope
No comments:
Post a Comment