Yes, it's true. Everything from the 80's is back. (Have you seen my hair lately? Snoopy Snowcone Machine!!!) Ironic tees *in kids sizes* are full of cheeky throwbacks for Generation X. Did we *all* wait 'till our 30's to have children? Seems like it. What's that about?Anyway, Bryan observed tonight that I've been "hungry hungry" lately. More so than in my pregnancy. This is true. Ice cream is back, baby! Which means I'd better start getting out of the house more with Hope, lest we *both* develop baby arm chunk...only cute on actual babies...
I actually intend to be eating both more *and* better - - hoping to beef up (whoops) my milk supply so it lasts a little longer. It's kind of made-up science...but as a relatively low-cal gal, I have had to consciously add breakfast, and skew my intake earlier in the day so we have a chance at filling Hope up to sleep for the night. Still working on that latter bit, but she *has* seemed more satiated throughout the day.
Update from the morning after... Hope slept last night from 6:30pm to 1:30am, then again after a quick feed & change until around 6am. These were her longest stretches yet! I actually had to pump a little to get comfortable enough to let her go on sleeping... So I'm going to try this for a few days running and see if we can develop a routine. If so, I'll get to bed earlier so I get my sleep in big enough chunks... It didn't work to wake her for a "dream feed" at 11pm - - we need to let her wake on her own when she's actually hungry.
No comments:
Post a Comment