Hope has a love/hate relationship with the sun. Actually, until today, it was pretty much a hate/hate relationship. Her exposure has been mostly accidental and alarming, since of course she doesn't know not to look up at it. Usually, the sun makes a startling appearance when we walk out the back steps, turn North in the stroller or driving in the car (with the sun low in the winter sky, it sneaks right on in under the shade). But today, in her car seat, our little Hopelet discovered that sunshine can be pretty cool.
I wish I had a picture...but I caught sight of her in the rear view, reaching her hand into a patch of sun on the arm of her seat, flexing her fingers, and studying her hand intently. When we rounded a corner, or drove in a direction where the sun "went away," she seemed to notice, making a cute little noise, and shifting around a bit in her seat. When the sun came back, she cooed. I bet she felt the warmth on her skin, in addition to the visual stimulation. This is probably the first time she had her hands exposed in sunlight anyway, since the weather is now starting to turn for the better. It was one of those precious moments that really make me glad I'm staying home with her. And I'm still smiling.
No comments:
Post a Comment