Saturday, May 16, 2009

Keeping out of Trouble

Hope's Saturday was spent keeping out of trouble, with the help of Auntie Martha and some creative deployment of IKEA packaging by Daddy later on.

She took her first solo flight in Martha's Honda this morning, courtesy of a very welcome hand-me-down car seat from the Herricles. It felt a little like a first day of school, to be honest...our big little girl going off on her own for adventures unknown on the West Side of town without her doting parents... But we quickly moved on as they pulled away, knowing there was precious little time for what lay ahead: the big IKEA trip to furnish Baby Two's nursery.











As no trip to IKEA is ever completed in less than two hours, it was no surprise that Martha had beaten us home and already had Hope napping soundly in her crib by the time we pulled in with our temporarily modified low-rider Subaru. We essentially bought an entire adult bedroom set - - two dressers, a night stand, two lamps, a small version of the popular Poang chair (for Hope), a coffee table, a clock, and a few wall pegs for jackets etc. And all this for less than we paid for the crib! So it all balances out, or so I keep saying (so it may someday become true).

Not being one to stick around when work is involved, I promptly took off for my last (?) haircut and massage, on a gorgeous 80-degree day, leaving poor Daddy to do the dirty work of room prep and assembly. When I finally lazed back in at 5:30, fully relaxed and pampered, I found B assembling said coffee table, with Hope going to town on the inside of its box with her half-eaten crayons. Apparently, she was quite helpful in my absence, enabling a bit of work to get done, interrupted only briefly by a tricycle ride, from which she still appeared quite flushed (although her multiple attempts at headstands probably contributed just a bit).
















Maybe I'll take off again tomorrow, as it seems that *I'm* the one that needs to keep out of trouble. These two have things handled just fine.

xoxo - N

No comments: