Wednesday, March 19, 2008

An Incident (Hope draws blood...)

Our sweet Hope was involved in an unfortunate accident today at her Wednesday playdate, in which a minor amount of blood was spilled. Here's Hope's "incident report" (mommy wasn't watching so this is all hearsay as far as I'm concerned):

From across the room...
I noticed (my boyfriend) Jackson itching his nose.

"Maybe he needs help with that," I thought to myself. But I can't reach him from over here in the arm chair. I'll wait and see.

So a bit later, we're on the floor playing, and Jackson reaches out and scratches my ear! That got me thinking...maybe his nose still itches?

I ask my friend Rose what she thinks, but she's sleeping, so she'll get back to me. I figure it's a good idea, so I set about planning my approach.


Sophie has a good idea about reaching out (since Jackson was so itchy, he probably couldn't move toward me), and also suggests which finger to use. She shows me how she would do it, so I can visualize success.

I finally get up the courage to help Jackson with his itchy nose (he makes me nervous because he's so cute), and lean in closer. He's so dreamy...all of the sudden I lose control! He's so adorable, I get all shaky, and I lose what little finger dexterity I have!


Unfortunately, Mommy had not been keeping up with my fingernails. So my swift little motion, designed to quickly relieve Jackson of his pesky itch, instead sliced his precious little nostril....and drew blood.

The little guy burst into tears, and I saw our future lifetime of love flash before my eyes and go up in smoke - all at once! I was devastated.


For some reason, both Mommy and MamaC were kind of giggling as they addressed the situation. Now I'm not sure whether I should do this again? Anyway, Mommy put my socks on my hands for the rest of our playdate so we could all be safe and happy again.

Sorry Jackson!!!
xoxo,
Hope

.................

And they all lived happily ever after.
The End.




No comments: