Thursday, June 23, 2011

Spring's Last Hurrah

I'm not going to complain about the weather. Looking at the latest images across the country, I'd only rather be in California, and even then only for the other 3/4 of the year. Right now, Oregon is God's Country - give me the 70s and partly sunny any day. (Any day now........)

One of the benefits of our slow-ramping summer is an extended show of spring flowers. We're just wet enough to keep thirsty plants well-nourished, but not yet hot enough to encourage those gorgeous petals to drop. Case in point, our giant red-orange poppies! These have been absolutely to die for. Too bad I can't get a proper "smile at Mommy's camera" pose out of the little ones. But I suppose these candids will do nicely. The Japanese snow bell was also a nice surprise, adding a flurry of white to cool off all those poppies...









2 comments:

Christine said...

Gorgeous photos, adorable kids, beautiful house. Love it!!

Rah & Wheels said...

Hello adorable and handsome!! Great pics of two amazing kids. You're so blessed ;-)