Pop Quiz:
Waiting for the baby to arrive is:
a) Magical
b) Wonderful
c) Exciting
d) Quite boring
ANSWER: D, D, and more D!!!
Luckily, we are officially in the holiday season (right?) so crafty decorating projects and holiday-ish baking, as well as a healthy daily dose of the Martha Stewart Show and other OPB and Food Network favorites is fair game. Although even this requires dedication and some glimmer of an attention span, in addition to feeling fairly decadently mommish, which I'm really not striving for.
So here's my life, lately. Yesterday, I made a Pumpkin Cranberry Bread from a recipe found on Epicurious - - quite good, actually, so I'll supply the link below. Just double the cranberries if you'd prefer it to be Cranberry Pumpkin Bread instead (B's druthers). I also used canned pumpkin pie mix instead of plain pumpkin, since I had it on hand. Oh, and I added about a cup of chopped pecans. Does *anyone* ever follow a recipe exactly?
http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/13435
And there was some excitement this morning, as two guys with a wood chipper showed up to remove (mysteriously) just one of the evergreens growing in the sidewalk border across the street. At first, we thought it was just getting a trim, but the whole thing eventually made its way into the chipper. Sad part is, I was standing there watching the whole thing from behind our front door, the whole while thinking "I should run out there and try and salvage a few limbs to make a wreath." Sad because 1) I didn't run out there, and 2) it seems like foreshadowing of my next however-many-months at home during the day.
Luckily, Debbie and Liam rescued me from an afternoon spent fully indoors with a very enjoyable lunch up the street, and some shopping for tiny shoes (not for Zuzu quite yet but for Liam, the accomplished walker). It was good to get some fresh air, and I've decided to require myself to spend at least an hour or two outdoors until Zuzu arrives.
Tomorrow's big goal will be to re-populate my iPod with baby-friendly tunes. Other suggestions welcome.
No comments:
Post a Comment