Saturday was our baby shower - - a coed affair, and very much just a big party to celebrate our upcoming new arrival. Chris arrived at 11:15am to whisk me off to a day spa, and keep me from fretting, meddling, or helping. :) For the event itself, Kelly Peters, emcee extraordinaire, ensured that we'd have just enough baby-themed fun, and it was an absolute blast. She put together some creative activities (a take on the Newlywed game, the Survivor baby challenge, and onesie decorating all night long) but what really made these sing was the aforementioned best friends ever, their good humor, and abundant talent. For example...
Favorite an
swers from the Newparenthood game:"At Night" (I got flustered!)
"Accident" (I'm not really sure...it was kind of an accident...Is that your final answer?)
"Astronaut" (that's so eighties)
"Boobs" (the most popular answer to most any question)
"Mexican" (s?)

Favorite moments from the Survivor challenge:
Anticipation that someone might "spill the fillins" (nobody did)
Bryan chugging pureed peas, a weenie, and pureed prunes in record time (ew)
Gordo struggling to complete the puzzle ("for ages 3-7")
Special
awards for onesies:Q-test: Suzanne's "Party in my Crib...3am"
Most political: Henry with "Stomp out W"
Best likeness of Mr T: Debbie O's "I Pity The Fool"
Most risque': Jeremy with "Bourbon St Baby"
I want one in adult size: Cat's "I [heart] Oregon"
Of course all the wonderful gifts for Zuzu (and parents) were roundly thoughtful, adorable, and just perfect. Oh, just like our friends... And it was really special for us to have Bryan's folks here to meet everyone, and join in the festivities. Not to mention we have brand new front stairs at last, courtesy of Pappy Stanley!
No comments:
Post a Comment