Lately Zuzu is up to something funny...and although I have absolutely no way of knowing whether this is true, I'll tell you what it feels like. If you'll refer to the 20 week ultrasound picture over there on the right side of the blog, you'll notice Zuzu's little fist up in the air in the background, dead center. According to the ultrasound tech who snapped these shots, she was hanging on to the umbilical cord with her right fist. (The tech thought this was very cute, as did we.)
So today I was sitting for a while at work, and got up suddenly, only to feel this odd sharp pain dead center, kind of near/behind my belly button. This had also happened on the weekend, and other times in recent memory, but I hadn't really made anything of it. Today, the pieces fell into place - - at least in my imagination. I decided to imagine this was Zuzu, grasping on to the umbilical cord, because the sudden movement had thrown her off balance.
Like when you're riding the bus, standing up, and have to hang on to the overhead strap so you don't fall over.
Who knows whether it's true...but it kind of makes sense to me. So I'm going with it.
No comments:
Post a Comment