Monday, April 4, 2011

Sarasota Week 1: Ring-a-ling-a-ling

First week of our Sarasota extended stay-cation... A lot of water play as featured previously (and still to come), and a nice visit to the Ringling Museum down the street. I hadn't been inside the Circus Museum portion since I was a little girl - the extensive miniature circus display is truly something to behold. They've also done a lot to beautify (some might say gentrify) the area at the waterfront by Ca'd'Zan - brother Charles Ringling's magnificent home. What was once fairly wild and somewhat decrepit at the sea wall has been replaced by manicured sidewalk, rattan chairs and umbrellas. I suppose that's nice, but I do miss the days when Alex and I could just bike our way around the compound (on the GRASS, even) and scramble all over the historic banyan trees.

At home, the kids quickly rediscovered Grandpapa's guitar and formed a band. As-yet unnamed, they perform nightly for our amusement.












No comments: